Monday, February 13, 2012

SAVIOR OF THE WORLD - 1

CHAPTER ONE – THROUGH THE MIST

I have been talking with a counselor weekly to help me figure my life out. He has provided me with some books to read and tools to work my depression with. He has also provided me with different ways to look at my life to help me understand that I am okay. He has also pointed me back to my Savior as a guide to help me through this “mist”.

I started reading “The Shack” by Wm. Paul Young for the second time. Dalelyn and I attended a symposium with this author. He explained why he wrote the book and some of the underlying details about the book. The author explained that he had suffered some childhood trauma at the hands of another. The character, Missy, in the book was his representation of his childhood and how it was ripped from him and murdered.

To a certain extent, I could relate. I felt the need to read the book again to see how he came to terms with the trauma he experienced. Let me interject here with my disclaimer: I disagree with many of the religious concepts in the book – i.e. he depicted God as a large black woman (which I am growing more and more to really appreciate the symbolism that entails). However, putting the religious differences aside, the main theme of this book is that God loves us. Let me repeat that: GOD LOVES US! No matter what we do, no matter where we go, no matter who we are – God knows us individually, and He loves us.

Enter here: “Savior of the World”…





No comments:

Post a Comment